forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Eclipse and forrest.
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2007 01:31:54 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:
> Gav.... wrote:
> >
> >2. Do you use the subclipse plugin to use SVN, if not, how do you keep
> >Eclipse upto date with trunk.
>
> Subclipse is OK for updating from SVN, but I don't like it for
> committing changes. It seems to get all tied up in knots far too often
> and the GUI makes it too easy to make mistakes.
>
> I use subclipse to update and for working with diffs, but I've switched
> back to using the command line for committing.

Yes, GUIs seem to be too dangerous.

I love the command-line for committing. I don't provide
a message. This deliberately open my text editor
where i can create/paste my message. Importantly
this enables me to simply quit the editor without
writing, which enables me to abort the commit.

It is incredible how often i use that feature.
The act of committing seems to make one think more
about the consequences.

-David