forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: the progress with the release
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2007 10:56:09 GMT
As you saw, the release announcement is now done.

Would someone please do the Freshmeat update and
the Wikipedia update. See the links at the end
of the section:
http://forrest.apache.org/procedures/release/How_to_release.html#cleanup

I will try the xml.apache.org site update tomorrow.

There are a stack of scribbled notes on my printout
of the "How_to_release" doc. I will try to incorporate
those tomorrow while it is still fresh.

We need to talk soon about how to refine the process
further. We also need to look at why it took us so long
to get around to even starting this process.

I would like us to wait with that conversation until after
the weekend. I need a rest. When taking on the Release Manager
job, i knew that it would be a huge task. Looking around
at release notes of other projects, i see that they warn
about that too.

-David