forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject created forrest_08_branch as release branch
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2007 03:28:12 GMT
An SVN branch has been created for the 0.8 release.
... /forrest/branches/forrest_08_branch

If there are any changes that are necessary for
the branch, then please remember to make the same
changes in the trunk.

For example i just made changes for FOR-996 and FOR-995
that we discovered at the last minute.

With normal day-to-day development on the trunk,
we do not make those same changes to the branch.

For the docs, we work on those in the trunk
at the xdocs/docs_0_90/ directory. We don't update
the old 0.8 docs unless absolutely necessary.

If there are enough important changes to the branch,
then we can make a 0.8.1 release. It is probably
better to push on with trunk development, and make
a 0.9 release soon.

-David