forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Vote] please vote for the release using RC2
Date Tue, 17 Apr 2007 11:13:58 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
> > David Crossley wrote:
> > >So what to do about the release candidate?
> >
> > I've not tested RC2 yet, I hope to be able to find time before your
> > extended deadline (no promises though).
> >
> > If you want to build an RC3 I'll test that instead (going to bed now, so
> > you have a good few hours to do it).
> >
> > The problem is, I may be the only one able to test in the time alloted,
> > so it may be better to stick with RC2, your call.
>
> Disrupting the vote at this late stage could be very
> detrimental. We may have lost people's attention.
>
> I grepped through the fresh-site source and see that
> the problem only occurs with a link on the body of
> the index page and two links on the body of the
> linking.html page. These go to the generated
> plugins index, which thankfully is the same as
> a 0.8 generated index.

See FOR-995.

> So my decision is that we will stick with RC2.

And then i found a batch of linking errors.
These are confined to some top-level docs
(e.g. index.xml) and only specific links.
If you want to know, then do
 grep "site:v0.70" index.xml
There are some more minor occurrences in
three other top-level docs.
See FOR-996

A release is probably never perfect.

I wonder if many people really use the local
site-author docs. We would receive more patches
than we do.

Drat, i need to make a decision again.

... Stick with RC2.

So if you are really concerned, then express
that with your vote.

-David