forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Vote] please vote for the release using RC2
Date Tue, 17 Apr 2007 00:22:19 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> >So what to do about the release candidate?
>
> I've not tested RC2 yet, I hope to be able to find time before your
> extended deadline (no promises though).
>
> If you want to build an RC3 I'll test that instead (going to bed now, so
> you have a good few hours to do it).
>
> The problem is, I may be the only one able to test in the time alloted,
> so it may be better to stick with RC2, your call.

Disrupting the vote at this late stage could be very
detrimental. We may have lost people's attention.

I grepped through the fresh-site source and see that
the problem only occurs with a link on the body of
the index page and two links on the body of the
linking.html page. These go to the generated
plugins index, which thankfully is the same as
a 0.8 generated index.

So my decision is that we will stick with RC2.

-David