forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject [Vote] please vote for the release using RC2
Date Sun, 15 Apr 2007 03:55:36 GMT
The final release candidate RC2 and supporting files:
http://people.apache.org/~crossley/temp/forrest-08-rc2/

For Windows get *.zip md5sum bdc6d93722fda51faab1384476f69c5e
For UNIX get *.tar.gz md5sum 56799bac54f79cd26a8ba29b10904259

The vote period concludes Monday 2007-04-16 at 22:00 UTC [2].
So over the next 1.5 days please vote.

http://forrest.apache.org/guidelines.html#voting
As discussed there, we definitely encourage all developers
to vote. We need your opinion. You don't need to have
checked everything, just be satisfied.

The PMC members votes are the ones that count when
considered for foundation business process reasons.

When voting, please quote the md5sum to ensure that we are
all using the correct release candidate package. The votes
need to happen against this final release package.

PMC members need to satisfy themselves that the actual
final release package meets the ASF principles.

If you feel that you need to do more testing
then see the hints in the previous vote message.

------
[2] end of vote on final release candidate and commence the upload phase
Monday 2007-04-16 at 22:00 UTC
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingtime.html?day=16&month=04&year=2007&p1=136&p2=48&p3=176&p4=240&p5=224&p6=213
http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/customcounter.html?month=4&day=16&year=2007&hour=22

[3] "A lazy majority vote requires 3 binding 1 votes
and more binding 1 votes than -1 votes".
http://forrest.apache.org/guidelines.html#actions