forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: need a second release candidate RC2
Date Sun, 15 Apr 2007 00:18:25 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:

> > > Please wait till I give the go for a RC2.
> >
> > Yes, i am. This is why i am getting onto this
> > quickly - have not even second coffee yet :-)
>
> jeje, go have another coffee. ;)
>
> It should be fixed now (r528891), needed some time to find the
> corresponding issue (FOR-932).
>
> I will not have coffee now, but a good night beer ("Prost" to the
> release team).

Yeah, i will skip the coffee too and celebrate with
other stuff.

> > > yes, nearly fixed.
> >
> > Fantastic, i can test at my end.
>
> Please test, should work fine now.

Yes 'forrest war' works for me with a
dispatcher-related seed site.

I am doing some quick tests again on the
run and site modes, but i expect them to be
still okay.

> > > Well, I could sadly not made my testing earlier but I think the fix is
> > > worth being overdue since otherwise 0.8 would not really have war
> > > support.
> >
> > Yes very important thanks. The forrest.properties.xml stuff
> > is very new and not even advertised in our changes and
> > documentation, but definitely important.
>
> Should we at least drop a line in the changes? Like you said it is
> really nice and important, but did not get any attention. Sad.

I suggested that in the lead up to the release:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.text.xml.forrest.devel/23829
Nobody bothered to document it.

The trouble with that new properties system was that
long ago we decided to get the release out, and focus
on the new properties system later. Then the release
took so long to start to happen. Then people started
to use and improve it, but it never was documented.

I will make a mention in the changes and then re-produce
the release notes.

So i expect that i will have RC2 in about one hour.

-David