forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: RC1 fails when plugins provide Java source
Date Sat, 14 Apr 2007 03:54:46 GMT
David Crossley wrote:

> > > Yep this is the problem. I am still investigating
> > > it in head of trunk plugins/build.xml
> >
> > Okay, fixed now in r528349. The dispatcher plugin has
> > been deployed again. Doing basic tests are working now
> > for me.
>
> Other plugins that use some java will need to be
> re-deployed too.
>
> e.g. I am getting failures with a site that uses
> the PhotoGallery plugin (missing images and errors
> in the log). So i will try to re-deploy that one.
>
> There are various other such plugins, but no developer
> is asking for them to be deployed. The trouble is that
> if we don't deploy these, then people will get strange
> errors when they try and we will need to answer lots
> of mail lists questions. I know that there are warnings about
> using whiteboard plugins. But still, better to head off
> any questions.

Here is the list of plugins that currently use some java.

plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.PhotoGallery
Done

plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.inputModule
Not yet done. This is used by dispatcher-releated sites.

whiteboard/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.Database
Not yet done.

whiteboard/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.solr
Done.

whiteboard/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.internal.dispatcher
Done.

whiteboard/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.internal.xhtml2
Not yet done.
Not yet initially deployed anyway. Better to not deploy this
yet, IIRC it is still in early development.

whiteboard/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.internal.DevTools
Not yet done.
Not yet initially deployed anyway.

whiteboard/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.Resume