forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: RC1 fails when plugins provide Java source
Date Fri, 13 Apr 2007 11:58:59 GMT
David Crossley wrote:

> > > Perhaps the Ant target "deploy" target, that makes
> > > the plugin available for download, does not pack
> > > the built jar into the zip file.
> > >
> > > Thanks again for your valuable input.
> >
> > Yep this is the problem. I am still investigating
> > it in head of trunk plugins/build.xml
>
> Okay, fixed now in r528349. The dispatcher plugin has
> been deployed again. Doing basic tests are working now
> for me.

Other plugins that use some java will need to be
re-deployed too.

e.g. I am getting failures with a site that uses
the PhotoGallery plugin (missing images and errors
in the log). So i will try to re-deploy that one.

There are various other such plugins, but no developer
is asking for them to be deployed. The trouble is that
if we don't deploy these, then people will get strange
errors when they try and we will need to answer lots
of mail lists questions. I know that there are warnings about
using whiteboard plugins. But still, better to head off
any questions.

-David