forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject when using own Ant, need xml-commons-resolver.jar
Date Fri, 13 Apr 2007 00:24:16 GMT
Gav.... wrote:
> From: Gav....
> > > From: Ross Gardler
> >
> > I did an 'ant test' on the dispatcher plugin in trunk and the
> > dispatcher-glossary.xml fails validation due to not well formed markup.
> > Its
> > been fine
> > all this time but now fails, don't know when that started to happen.
> > The dispatcher plugin itself does download and unzip into the build
> > directory fine in RC1.

The "test" build in the plugin's source in trunk
does work for me. Are you sure that you are following
the instructions and using Forrest's own Ant.

http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_80/howto/howto-buildPlugin.html#Steps

Basically you need to either:
- configure your local Ant correctly to put an
xml-commons-resolver.jar in its lib
(see Ant Manual about Installing)
or
- use Forrest's packaged Ant (we rely heavily on resolver).
i.e. $FORREST_HOME/tools/ant/bin/ant test

> Dispatcher then relies on the Glossary Plugin for the dispatcher-glossary,
> but then so does site-author for the glossary.xml.

When you use 'forrest' commands, then it uses our own Ant
which has the Catalog Entity Resolver jar.
So 'cd site-author; forrest ...' works properly.
But when using your own Ant, you need to install your
own supporting libraries.

> I guess we need to deploy the Glossary Plugin.
> Does the glossary DTDs need to be placed anywhere public, or does it all get
> it from the plugin DTD?

The Catalog Entity Resolver is used by the xml parser.

-David