forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: the progress with the release
Date Thu, 12 Apr 2007 23:21:20 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> >So it is vital that someone using that operating system
> >reports success with RC1 release candidate package.
>
> Don't worry David, I'm on it, but I'm taking my time to make sure it
> gets my full focus. Don't expect a report from me until towards the end
> of the test cycle as I'm grabbing half hour here and half hour there.
>
> For now, assume no news (from me) is good news.

In general i do things the same way. Speak up
if there are issues, otherwise use the time to
do things.

In this situation we at least someone on plain Windows
to say "Hooray, it basically works, now i will get on
with more testing." Then the Release Manager is
relieved that the package is constructed properly.

> So far so good. ...

:-)

> ... The dispatcher was failing, but I'm awaiting a proper
> deploy of the plugins (I notice Thorsten fixed the site, thanks).

Yep, i haven't bothered yet to test my dispatcher-based
sites because i knew it wasn't deployed.

-David