forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: the progress with the release
Date Thu, 12 Apr 2007 02:22:49 GMT
Some notes about the progress with the release.

The call for testing and subsequent voting
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.text.xml.forrest.devel/24024

Less than five days remain.

We have one comment that it works. Thanks Paul.

This is the first release where we have not built
the Windows package using Windows. We think that the
line-endings for .bat files and the like are okay,
but cannot be sure.

So it is vital that someone using that operating system
reports success with RC1 release candidate package.

If not then we need to create another ASAP.
Saturday is the scheduled day for an RC2 if necessary,
However if we know that there are problems then
the sooner the better.

If there continues to be a lack of interest,
then the product is in danger of not being released.

Lack of interest indicates that there might not be
sufficient community base to support the product.

People should each have their own guidelines for
testing and reviewing release candidates, and what
factors that they consider will impact their vote.
Mostly it is common-sense stuff, but if you need
help then see:
http://www.apache.org/dev/#releases

-David