forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [headsup] problem with preparing rc1 - help please.
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2007 15:46:50 GMT
David Crossley wrote:

> > > This is very strange. All that happened in the "dist-shbat"
> > > target is that the Ant "copy" task copied the build/xml-forrest.jar
> > > to that dist location.
> >
> > Ah, i made the "dist-shbat" target pause with an "input"
> > task, copied the jar over by hand, then let it proceed
> > after the copy.
> >
> > Something mangles the jar later in the process.
> >
> > Looking ...
>
> Found it.
>
> I had added "fixcrlf" tasks so that we didn't need
> to build the release on two different operating systems.
>
> It was wrecking the jar file.
>
> Doing 'forrest run' works for me now.
>
> However, there are some images that are mangled too.
>
> I thought that "fixcrlf" would only touch text files,
> but no.
>
> So i think that we need to go back to how we built
> the packages in the past.
>
> Would a committer on Windows (preferably have a well-connected
> PGP key) please get ready to build the release.
>
> Get a fresh trunk checkout and have Java 1.4
>
> I will help you with the next steps.

Actually hold that.

There is a reasonably small set of binary filename
extensions. I could try excluding them too from the
fixcrlf task.

Surely other projects don't need to jump through
such hoops. Do they worry about line-endings?

I am tempted to just build the first release
candidate without the fixcrlf and see what happens.

Does anyone have an opinion on that? Need to make
a decision quickly.

-David