forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [headsup] problem with preparing rc1 - help please.
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2007 15:03:55 GMT
David Crossley wrote:

> > > I notice that there is a different size with the jar
> > > that gets packed for the release ...
> > >
> > > [forrest-trunk-release]$ ls -l build/xml-forrest.jar build/dist/shbat/build/xml-forrest.jar

> > > 67164 Apr 10 22:34 build/dist/shbat/build/xml-forrest.jar
> > > 66577 Apr 10 22:33 build/xml-forrest.jar
> >
> > This is very strange. All that happened in the "dist-shbat"
> > target is that the Ant "copy" task copied the build/xml-forrest.jar
> > to that dist location.
>
> Ah, i made the "dist-shbat" target pause with an "input"
> task, copied the jar over by hand, then let it proceed
> after the copy.
>
> Something mangles the jar later in the process.
>
> Looking ...

Found it.

I had added "fixcrlf" tasks so that we didn't need
to build the release on two different operating systems.

It was wrecking the jar file.

Doing 'forrest run' works for me now.

However, there are some images that are mangled too.

I thought that "fixcrlf" would only touch text files,
but no.

So i think that we need to go back to how we built
the packages in the past.

Would a committer on Windows (preferably have a well-connected
PGP key) please get ready to build the release.

Get a fresh trunk checkout and have Java 1.4

I will help you with the next steps.

-David