forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thorsten.scherler....@juntadeandalucia.es>
Subject Re: Where to put my own (reusabel) theme
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2007 11:32:23 GMT
On Wed, 2007-04-18 at 13:39 +0100, Ross Gardler wrote:
> I have a Forrest based sub project, this project provides its own theme.
> I want to be able to reuse this theme across multiple sites generated by
> my sub-project.
>
> It is not an option to contribute this theme to Forrest (although it
> will be available under the Apache License). Therefore, the ideal
> solution would be to provide a theme plugin, say
>
> ac.uk.osswatch.forrest.themes
>
> However, looking at the sitemaps in the current dispatcher I'm not clear
> on how this can be achieved.
>
> Any pointers?

You can override the core themes by setting either
properties:dispatcher.themer in f.p.x or lm:dispatcher.themer in your
project lm.

This first would loose the core themes, since everything will be
searched in your custom theme package then.

Adding it to the project lm like will overcome this downside:

<!-- Base location of the builded themer plugin-->
    <match pattern="dispatcher.themer">
      <location src="{properties:forrest.plugins}/ac.uk.osswatch.forrest.themes" />
      <location src="{properties:forrest.plugins}/{properties:dispatcher.themer}" />
    </match>

The more user friendly way would be to create a themes build dir aka
plugin build dir that would be populated with all different theme
plugins you define in your properties.

One way to implement this is to create a new property like
dispatcher.theme.plugins=org.apache.forrest.themes.core,ac.uk.osswatch.forrest.themes
and merge all plugins to one theme repository.

Anyway the lm way should work just fine.

HTH

salu2
Open Source Java & XML                consulting, training and solutions