forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Vote] please test release candidate and vote
Date Sat, 14 Apr 2007 21:06:12 GMT
On Wed, 2007-04-11 at 03:46 +1000, David Crossley wrote:

My configuration :
============
OS (Ubuntu 6.10)
$ uname -a
Linux cartman 2.6.17-11-generic #2 SMP Tue Mar 13 23:32:38 UTC 2007 i686
GNU/Linux

$ java -version
java version "1.5.0_07"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_07-b03)

standalone servlet container: jakarta-tomcat-4.1.24-LE-jdk14

> * Make a fresh site ...

SKINS

>     cd my-new-dir
>     forrest seed

ok

>     forrest run ... use the local jetty server.

ok

Note: the last published bar still has the color mixed up. Back when I
create pelt I mixed it up by accident. The color should be the same as
the selected tab. I am not sure whether that is worth a new RC but
seeing it in the fresh seed of the skins strikes me again.

See http://localhost:8888/samples/sample.html the second level tab has
the above described background.

>     forrest ... build the whole site from the command-line.

ok

>     forrest war ... use your own full Jetty or Tomcat.

ok, if you do not use any plugins that have java src code!

FAILS if you add e.g. ,org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.inputModule
to the project.required.plugins of the fresh seed and request
http://127.0.0.1:8080/my-project/ you will see something like the
following in  webapps/my-project/WEB-INF/logs/core.log:
Caused by: java.lang.Exception: Cannot find class
org.apache.forrest.generation.ModuleGenerator for component at
file:/home/thorsten/opt/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.24-LE-jdk14/webapps/my-project/build/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.inputModule/output.xmap:22:62

This is because the war target does not:
- create jar from the required plugins
- copy them to WEB-INF/lib where they need to be placed in the war.

DISPATCHER

>     cd my-new-dir
>     forrest seed

ok

>     forrest run ... use the local jetty server.

ok

>     forrest ... build the whole site from the command-line.

ok

>     forrest war ... use your own full Jetty or Tomcat.

FAILS

dispatcher provides new java components that cannot be found (see
above).

> * Try it on the Forrest core docs ...
>     cd site-author
>     forrest run

ok

>     forrest

ok

> * Forrest was already pre-built. Try building it again.
>     cd main
>     build clean

ok

>     build

ok

>     build test

ok (skin + dispatcher)

> * Try it on your own project, especially if you have
>   a project sitemap and use some extra plugins.

ok

ok, http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&rev=528871

Like Cyriaque Dupoirieux wrote:
> The forrest bar of our site is not the latest one.
which is a bummer because he did some nice work on it.

Summary

-1 to RC1 (the war issue FOR-989 is a showstopper!)

The following changes (in order of importance) should be addressed in
RC2:
- war issue (FOR-989)
- forrestbar update
- pelt skin last published bar color issue.

P.S. I will have a look now on FOR-989.

salu2