forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Poll] your interest in plugins to be deployed
Date Sat, 14 Apr 2007 00:15:44 GMT
On Fri, 2007-04-13 at 13:32 +0100, Ross Gardler wrote:
> >> Use these settings ...
> >>   Component: Plugins: Potential new
> >>   Type: New Feature
> >>
> >> -David
> >
> > Just wanted to bounce this one around before creating an issue.
> >
> > I would like a mySQL plugin, I see we have a database plugin, but has no
> > mySQL functionality. Can this be extended, so the database plugin has
> > options so you choose or configure which database to use, or would a
> > separate plugin for each type be better?
>
> If I remember correctly the database plugin can work with any configured
> database (within in the confines of the SQL being used).
>
> However, there are other, possiblby better solutions, for different use
> cases.

I am giving ATM a course about cocoon (that is as well the reason I had
not much time for forrest) and on thing I show in this course is how to
use iBatis in a javaflow.

Using iBatis makes it dead simple using different database and all the
queries you want. Like Ross said "I'm not about to go into detail now"
because my testing weekend is beginning.

salu2