forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [headsup] recent change in broken link handling
Date Fri, 06 Apr 2007 21:04:14 GMT
On Fri, 2007-04-06 at 21:51 +1000, David Crossley wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
> > David Crossley wrote:
> > >The handling of broken site: links has recently changed.
> > >
> > >It used to report the link as BROKEN in the site build
> > >and write its details to the broken-links.xml file.
> > >
> > >Now it generates a file called error_site_$linkname
> > >with the "No pipeline matched request:" info inside it.
> > >
> > >I wonder if it is related to the recent change in
> > >error handling for the locationmap.
> >
> > I think it probably is a side effect of the error handling. And not (in
> > its current form) a good one.
>
> Note for the archives: See FOR-701 and r521063.

Thanks for this info David!
<map:when test="resourceNotFound">

That is the puppy. I ran into the broken link issue the other day and
was surprised that my build was successful with 0 pages build.

Actually the resourceNotFound is the only exception we do not want to
catch (see broken links).

Meaning as quick fix to not loose the whole error handling nor broken
links we need to catch all exception *except* resourceNotFound and
change the resource not found exception in the lm to a specific
locationMap exception.

Than we get back the broken links and have a "nicer" error handling.

wdyt?

salu2