forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Gav...." <brightoncomput...@brightontown.com.au>
Subject RE: Eclipse and forrest.
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2007 11:47:04 GMT

Ok thanks, yes that seems to be most of my troubles.
I have added all jar files from lib.core, lib-endorsed and lib.optional
with the exception of one...

With all jars but one I am now down to 2 errors and no warnings.

The errors are :-

1. The project was not built since its build path is incomplete. Cannot find
the class file for org.apache.xerces.xni.parser.XMLInputSource. Fix the
build path then try building this project.

2. The type org.apache.xerces.xni.parser.XMLInputSource cannot be resolved.
It is indirectly referenced from required .class files
forrest_trunk/main/java/org/apache/forrest/sourcetype
SourceTypeAction.java	line 1

Obviously both are related to each other and also both are related to the
missing jar file which is :-

xercesImpl-2.8.0.jar

So I know the two errors will go away when I add it to the build path.
Unfortunatly when I do my errors increase from 2 to 3940 !! :(

I can only see so far the first 100 errors which I have attached.

A summary of which is ,

All errors end with '...cannot be resolved to a type'
The ones I can see are in Whiteboard or tools/eclipse.

> If that's not your problem then lets start working through your errors
> by posting them up here.

Thanks, hope I'm not too much trouble.

Gav...