forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Removing Thumbs.db from SVN/Local
Date Fri, 30 Mar 2007 09:36:59 GMT
Gav.... wrote:
> I have searched my local trunk and found 52 Thumbs.db.
>
> As there is only ever One Thumbs.db per directory, that is
> 52 locations where I need to delete them.
>
> This is fine in Windows, I just delete them all in one go.
>
> But how do I delete them all in one from SVN?
> svn del -R Thumbs.db does not work, as there is not recursive
> command for svn delete, how stupid is that!
>
> Anyway, any ideas on the best way to do this, I am also sure that
> not all 52 will be under version control anyway. In fact none should
> be because I never explicitly added them, but anyway.

I know you are on windows, but you still need a decent command line.
Donwload and install cygwin to get a bash shell then (the default config
will give you everything you need to start with):

cd c:
cd $FORREST_HOME
find . -name "*.db" -exec svn del {} \;

Be very very careful, it's best to do

find . -name "*.db"

first to make sure the list is what you want it to be.

If you want to know what it does then do

man find

Ross

[1] http://www.cygwin.com/mirrors.html