forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject [PROPOSAL] Content of release
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2007 09:17:26 GMT
re: http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-911 "decide content of release"

I started trying to summarise the threads linked in the above issue, but
can't be bothered (sorry - I'm having one of those mornings where I am
prioritising very heavily).

Instead I am going to make a proposal:

We release everything just as we have in the past except we strip
everything but the plugins out of the whiteboard directory and we strip
everything but jetty, ant, forrestbot and forrest bar out of tools (do
we need logos?).

It's an improvement on previous releases. Admittedly not as good as
separate packages as described in the above issue, but we need to get
0.8 out and we could be waiting forever to restructure the build to
accommodate FOR-911.

Note that in 0.9 we will be using Ivy so will be redoing the build
system anyway, that is the time to create separate build packages.

Ross