forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r521779 - in /forrest/trunk/tools/forrestbar/xpi: chrome/content/contents.rdf chrome/content/forrestbarOverlay.js chrome/content/forrestbarOverlay.xul chrome/content/forrestbarSettings.xul install.rdf
Date Mon, 26 Mar 2007 10:13:43 GMT
Cyriaque Dupoirieux wrote:
> le 25/03/2007 01:26 Ross Gardler a écrit :
>> Cyriaque Dupoirieux wrote:
>>> Ross,
>>>
>>>    If you think this commit correct the FOR-962 -
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-962 -, just tell me and
>>> I'll close it.
>>
>> I've not tested it, but it looks like an OK workaround.
> You are cruel with me to say I have just made a workaround ;-) .
>>
>> However, I wonder if we need to set a property for this. The port
>> number is in the URL of the currently viewed page, can't we just
>> extract it?
> Ok, my concerns are :
>
>    * What can be the first access to "Forrest run" if we don't have
>      properties to define the host and the port ?

The first access will almost never be a request for one of the internal
dispatcher files, if it is we can simply throw up a box asking for the
port (or just an error saying go to the index page first).

>    * How to be sure the current Url is a "forrest run" Url. You may
>      have several local ports which are not for forrest.

That is not a problem introduced by this requirement. The URL for
dispatcher menu stuff is already derived from the browser URL, e.g.
click on "dispatcher-dev -> structurer".

Ross