forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: review list of scheduled issues for 0.8 release
Date Sun, 25 Mar 2007 00:37:01 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
>> ------------------------
>> FOR-533 Auto Generate plugins.xml entry
>> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-533
>>
>> Same as last time.
>> Ross explained what needs to happen and suggested we do this for 0.8
>
> Recent progress is being made.

I note your comments on this (separate thread), I'll complete this issue
- thanks for the review.

>> ------------------------
>> FOR-742 trouble accessing unversioned plugin for a released version of Forrest, e.g.
projectInfo
>> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-742
>>
>> Perhaps this can be closed. Cyriaque and Ross seem happy.
>
> We will probably only be sure after we have done the release.

As far as I can tell it is all done but for ensuring that there is an
unversioned copy of each plugin in the 0.7 release tree. i.e. we copy
the most recent 0.7 versioned plugin to the root of the 0.7 download
with no version number.

I know this is ugly, but that's how the hack works ;-)

We'll move to Ivy deployment of plugins (or Cocoon blocks, if they are
versioned) in 0.9

>> ------------------------
>> FOR-635 images not reproduced in PDFs, if sources are in xdocs/images directory
>> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-635
>>
>> Gavin did some investigation. It is complex.
>> Suggest delay until 0.9-dev
>
> ?

I see this as a significant issue, PDF generation is a commonly used
feature. Whilst it only affects images in xdocs/images and therefore can
be worked around it's a pretty ugly workaround.

I feel sure it can be sorted out, but haven't looked at it.

I guess that means I volunteer since Gav and yourself have looked over this.

Ross