forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r520650 - in /forrest/trunk/whiteboard/plugins: org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.doap/ org.apache.forrest.plugin.internal.dispatcher/ org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.solr/ org.apache.forrest.themes.core/themes/common/fo/ org.apache.forrest....
Date Wed, 21 Mar 2007 11:30:23 GMT
Cyriaque Dupoirieux wrote:

>> Having said that, building the doap docs should be a sufficient test,
>> as is the case with all plugins.
> I think a specific target build.sh validation which will make a build.sh
> test + the generation of every plugins would be great to improve the
> test phase.

Some time ago I started along this line, but then got sidetracked an
never came back to it. In build.xml you will find the target below
(notice everything is commented out so it does nothing).

What we really need to do is use the plugins.xml files to define the
list of plugins to be tested.

Ross

<target name="testPlugins"
           depends="cleanPlugins"
           description="Test each type of the plugin">
     <!--
       FIXME: these don't work as the compile stage executes since
$java.dir = FORREST_HOME/main/java
       instead of PLUGIN_HOME/java
     <echo>=============================</echo>
     <echo>Testing using an input plugin</echo>
     <echo>=============================</echo>
     <ant
antfile="${forrest.home}/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.excel/build.xml"
target="test">
       <property name="basedir"
location="${forrest.home}/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.excel"/>
     </ant>

     <echo>=============================</echo>
     <echo>Testing using an ouptut plugin</echo>
     <echo>=============================</echo>
     <ant
antfile="${forrest.home}/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.pdf/build.xml"
target="test">
       <property name="basedir"
location="${forrest.home}/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.pdf"/>
     </ant>

     <echo>Testing using an internal plugin</echo>
     <ant antfile="${forrest.home}/plugins/IMSManifest/build.xml"
target="test">
       <property name="basedir"
location="${forrest.home}/plugins/IMSManifest"/>
     </ant>
     -->
   </target>