forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Cyriaque Dupoirieux <Cyriaque.Dupoiri...@pcotech.fr>
Subject Re: svn commit: r520650 - in /forrest/trunk/whiteboard/plugins: org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.doap/ org.apache.forrest.plugin.internal.dispatcher/ org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.solr/ org.apache.forrest.themes.core/themes/common/fo/ org.apache.forrest....
Date Wed, 21 Mar 2007 11:07:58 GMT
le 21/03/2007 11:09 Thorsten Scherler a écrit :
> Hmm, since we decided to change the name of tiles to panels (see the
> thread on dev) I did expect that this commit would have addressed this
> issue as well.
>
> Let me explain why the commit is not really how we want it.
>
> On Tue, 2007-03-20 at 15:50 +0000, Ross Gardler wrote:
>
>> Why is common-fo.vt.xml in html directory rather than the fo directory?
>>

> This should go into the "panels" directory of the theme directory since
> it is an "old" tiles.
>
> Panels do not care which contracts they contain. Meaning that for
> internal processing in the dispatcher pelt-css.vt.xml will not be
> treated different then common-fo.vt.xml.
>
> The fo/css in the naming only shows which aggregation of contract and
> hook (in short panel) are addressed.
>
> Panels do not belong in the html nor in the fo nor in css nor in ....
> directory but in a directory on its on like e.g.
> themes/pelt/panels
> themes/common/panels

Humm, I agree with the definition of panels and with the fact that vt
should be changed.
I don't see the benefit to store them in a specific directory, because I
have no example where a panel can be used for two different formats.
Why don't we name them with the .panel extension and store them in the
format directory ?
If we look at the css common directory we have a mix of different kind
of files :
theme/common/css
  |-- basic.css                           (a real source file to be used
as it is)
  |-- branding-generic-css.ft      (a contract...)
  |-- ...
  |-- profiling.css.xslt                 (a stylesheet - which I'm not
sure is very useful...)
  |-- ...

It doesn't strike me to have panels in there :
  |-- common.panel

Salutations,
Cyriaque,