forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Test before commit (was Re: dispatcher pdf issues)
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2007 09:27:09 GMT
> Ok I have committes, Thank you David and Gavin.
> Now we have to wait 3 ours to see what happens,

We should not have to wait. In fact the test builds should never fail
because we should never fail because we should all be doing thorough
tests before committing any changes.

That means...

cd $FORREST_HOME/main
./build.sh test

(Not sure if this tests dispatcher or not, it should, so if you are
working on dispatcher please ensure the test is added).

There is no excuse for breaking SVN in a way that is picked up by the
ForrestBot.

(of course we all do it from time to time, I'm not pointing fingers
here, the archives show every one of us has made a mistake in the past.
My intention is only to remind us of good practice)

Ross