forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Google Summer of Code
Date Fri, 09 Mar 2007 00:22:00 GMT
Gav... wrote:
> <quote who="Ross Gardler">
>> If any Forrest devs have the time/inclination to mentor a GSoC student
>> this year then add your details to
>> http://wiki.apache.org/general/SummerOfCode2007
>>
>> I've already added a couple of Forrest projects.
>>
>> Ross
>>

> Hi Ross,
>
> I would be happy to help out as a co-mentor on the project you have listed.
> Having not been a mentor before this is a time where I too would be learning
> what is involved so would need a bit of guidance myself now and then. (So
> you could I guess just pass on the menials to me :) )
>
> If you think it not appropriate that I co-mentor at this time then no
> problem, just let me know and I'll review it again come next year,
> otherwise I'm happy to help out where I can.

The way we run things here in Forrest is that the whole community is a
co-mentor. We try to make the whole GSoC experience as close as possible
to the usual community route. So, by default, you are a co-mentor ;-)

However, if you want to add your name so that it is explicit I would be
more than happy to have that assistance.

Ross