forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Removing Thumbs.db from SVN/Local
Date Fri, 30 Mar 2007 04:40:32 GMT
Gav.... wrote:
> I have searched my local trunk and found 52 Thumbs.db.
>
> As there is only ever One Thumbs.db per directory, that is
> 52 locations where I need to delete them.
>
> This is fine in Windows, I just delete them all in one go.

What a mess!

I just searched my Mac system amd found only 4:
plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.PhotoGallery/src/documentation/content/xdocs/images/gallery/demo/Thumbs.db
plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.PhotoGallery/src/documentation/content/xdocs/images/gallery/Thumbs.db
site-author/work/svn-deploy/forrest-docs/pluginDocs/plugins_0_80/org.apache.forrest.plugin.internal.dispatcher/skin/images/Thumbs.db
whiteboard/plugins/org.apache.forrest.themes.core/themes/pelt/images/Thumbs.db

So they would all be incorrectly under version control.

> But how do I delete them all in one from SVN?
> svn del -R Thumbs.db does not work, as there is not recursive
> command for svn delete, how stupid is that!

It might be deliberate. If it were so, then when using
the 'svn delete [URL]' method the committer could accidently
delete the whole repository.

> Anyway, any ideas on the best way to do this, I am also sure that
> not all 52 will be under version control anyway. In fact none should
> be because I never explicitly added them, but anyway.

Other committers did. Use e.g.
svn log whiteboard/plugins/org.apache.forrest.themes.core/themes/pelt/images/Thumbs.db
to see.

-David