forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: review list of scheduled issues for 0.8 release
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2007 06:06:41 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Gav.... wrote:
> > From: David Crossley

> > > I have done a heap a while ago. Since then i noticed a few
> > > entries being added but more new work needs to be mentioned.
> > >
> > > See "svn log status.xml" for date of last effort and
> > > browse forward in the mailing lists (dev and svn) to
> > > find more that should be mentioned.

I am not saying that i was thorough with that sweep
either. As you know it is difficult.

> > The last entry was for 19/09/2006. I have never updated this file, I will
> > take a look but may miss a few because I need to work out what is regarded
> > as major enough to be here.
>
> Up to the person doing the job to decide. Look at past entries
> for example. Think from the point-of-view of an outside person
> and what they need to be alerted to.

Of course one of the major things is when people have made
contributions, then we should add an entry. This gets them listed
in http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_80/changes.html#Contributors+to+this+release
and hopefully encourages them some more ;-)
http://forrest.apache.org/guidelines.html#contribution
and the discussion linked to in this FOR-865.

-David