forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject document the new properties system
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2007 05:44:07 GMT
Should we document the start of the new properties system?
I know that it is still prototype, but we need to encourage
developers to use it.

There some already some vague mentions of it
in our changes.html

Some plugins are already using it:

]$ find plugins -name "*properties*.xml"

plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.projectInfo/default.plugin.properties.xml
plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.projectInfo/forrest.properties.xml
plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.Text/default.plugin.properties.xml

As well as whiteboard plugins:
Daisy, dispatcher, NoteTaking, solr

And Dispatcher uses it in:
main/fresh-site/forrest.properties.xml
main/template-sites/basic/forrest.properties.xml

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-734
"Document new forrest.properties.xml file"

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-588
"Design new configuration system"