forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Constant Revision No in sitemap.xmap
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2007 02:57:55 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:
> Ferdinand Soethe wrote:
> >I have started working on FOR-922 adjusting sitemap-references to the
> >changes in the sitemap.
> >What I'm confused about is that the cited (old) sitemap as well as the
> >current one display the same revision number in the head of the file
> >
> >>$Revision: 1.12 $
> >
> >How can that be after all these changes? Or is that number a left-over
> >from pre subversion times?
>
> We don't use SVN keywords for managing the revision number. SVN does a
> much better job of it.
>
> I guess this is a throw back to when we used SVN.

Of course Ross means CVS.

If the Revision keyword is important to show, then SVN
has properties that can be set. Search the SVN Book.

Otherwise we should remove those old tags.
Using find and grep reveals a lot of them in the
various sitemaps.

Be careful as some of them are necessary when we have
included a W3C DTD for example.

-David