forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Vote] Release Plan for Forrest 0.80
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2007 01:37:59 GMT
Gav.... wrote:
> From: Ross Gardler wrote:
> > Gav.... wrote:
> > >
> > > I was going to offer to assist, but waited the two days to see if anyone
> > > else wanted to jump in first, if this is too late now or if you prefer
> > > I'll help on 0.9 instead.
> >
> > Never wait for others! Jump in and offer your help, we will all be glad
> > of it!
>
> Thanks I know now, and am annoyed with myself now for not acting sooner to
> help, I thought I had more time and did not want to jump in too soon (too
> eager etc..).

Thanks. I would rather do the release building alone
as i don't have time to explain to people. Perhaps next time.

However you can still follow along via
http://forrest.apache.org/procedures/release/How_to_release.html
and the mailing list. This will get you familiar with the
procedure.

There is still plenty that committers and developers can
do to help with the release.

> > > I see the note about building a Windows release is gone, are you happy
> > > that your changes will be good, I will do one if necessary.

As i indicated in the comments elsewhere in this thread,
i reckon it will be okay. Also it is better that the designated
Release Manager (me this time) prepares the packages. See the
reason explained at the beginning of the vote thread.

> > The windows release will still need to be tested so there is plenty of
> > scope there.
>
> Yep, no problem there thanks, I will likely test in java 1.4 and 1.5 to be
> sure both work too, I've been on 1.5 for so long now.

Thanks i just clarified in "How to release Forrest"
the testing notes to ask people to test on different
Java versions.
localhost:8888/procedures/release/How_to_release.html#vote

-David