forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject [Vote] Release Plan for Forrest 0.80
Date Tue, 27 Mar 2007 04:16:48 GMT
If people have concerns about the dates then please speak up
otherwise please vote on this Release Plan.

One reason for doing a vote is to ensure that it is the
PMC as a whole that prepares and issues the release, rather
than an individual. Such procedures give us the protection
accorded by the ASF being a corporation.

Another reason is to draw attention to it and get as
many people involved as possible, including developers.

According to our guidelines,
http://forrest.apache.org/guidelines.html#actions
"A lazy majority vote requires
3 binding +1 votes and more binding +1 votes than -1 votes".

As usual anyone is encouraged to vote, just the votes
of PMC members are binding.

According to the plan below:
[1] end of vote on Release Plan
Monday 2007-04-01 at 22:00 UTC