forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: review list of scheduled issues for 0.8 release
Date Sun, 25 Mar 2007 09:12:09 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
>
> >>------------------------
> >>FOR-635 images not reproduced in PDFs, if sources are in xdocs/images
> >>directory
> >>http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-635
> >>
> >>Gavin did some investigation. It is complex.
> >>Suggest delay until 0.9-dev
> >
> >?
>
> I see this as a significant issue, PDF generation is a commonly used
> feature. Whilst it only affects images in xdocs/images and therefore can
> be worked around it's a pretty ugly workaround.

See some comments in the issue. It is sort of connected to
having the main location at resources/images rather than xdocs/images.
Our documentation needs to be clear on that and our seed site
structures need to re-inforce it.

One trouble is that our normal sitemap/locationmap handling
of these has grown to be very complex to support previous
locations.

IIRC the *.fo pipeline leaves it up to a stylesheet to
figure out the image locations, which is no-where near
as powerful as our sitemap/locationmap ability.

> I feel sure it can be sorted out, but haven't looked at it.
>
> I guess that means I volunteer since Gav and yourself have looked over this.

I have not really tried to. Just built the demonstration
of the problems in the seed site samples/linking.html#images

-David