forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject [Proposal] new site-svn mail list for website changes
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2007 07:01:53 GMT
Our svn@ mailing list gets lots of traffic when we
generate changes to the documentation.

The site is generated and the changes checked in to
the forrest/site SVN.

This could be overwhelming for developers and perhaps they
would be less inclined to subscribe to the svn@ list where
they would otherwise get important change notifications.

Only a few ASF projects deal with this issue. Most have
a separate mailing list. Some have "generate_diffs = none".

For us that is not a good option. As developers of
documentation production tools we need to see the
type of changes. Hopefully that helps us to improve our
output and be efficient. For example you see the Windows/UNIX
to and fro that is happening (FOR-954, FOR-915, etc.).
Also we need to see any unexpected changes in the output
which could point to a bug in forrest.

So we should ask for a new mailing list and we can direct
only those forrest/site changes ... site-svn@

The changes for forrest/trunk/site-author would still
go to our default svn@ list.

I will go ahead with this soon, unless i hear otherwise.

-David