forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Gav..." <brightoncomput...@brightontown.com.au>
Subject Re: ForrestBot build for forrest-seed FAILED
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2007 05:25:23 GMT

<quote who="David Crossley">
> Ross Gardler wrote:
>>
>> Please, someone do something about these mails. We knew the problem
>> within hours of the original commit. Get a workaround in place then
>> decide the long term solution.
>>
>> I'm back on a proper connection tomorrow. I will revert the change
>> straight away, that doesn't mean I won't welcome a better solution, it
>> just means I don't think having these mails is helping us any in this
>> situation.
>
> Youch, Sorry. I left on holidays soon after doing that change.
> Bit of a rush trying to get some things done to ease our release.
> Forgot to do 'build test'. No excuses.
>
> I am rather perplexed why no-one simply reverted my change.
> This is why there is more than one committer on a project.
>
> -David

There was hints that the real solution should be found, so I started
looking for one and came up with eventually, alternatives. Read the
thread.

Ross then wanted it reverting right away, he was not in a position to do
so, I was, but carried on regardless looking for a better solution.

I'll do as I'm told next time. :\

Gav...

--
Gav...