forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject RE: svn commit: r521716 -/forrest/trunk/whiteboard/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.internal.dispatcher/src/documentation/content/xdocs/dispatcher-glossary.xml
Date Tue, 27 Mar 2007 22:02:17 GMT
On Tue, 2007-03-27 at 21:09 +0800, Gav.... wrote:

> > > part of a themes structurer configuration
> > > html.vt.xml)</definition>
> > >
> > > Actually we only moved all the hooks and contracts into panels to make
> > > them easier to override, but mainly they are used in structure files
> > > (*.fv).
> >
> > Sorry I am misunderstanding what you are doing then,
> >
> > currently there are no hooks or contracts in any *.fv file.
> > They used to be , which is all of my sites stopped working
> > recently when it changed.
> > They are imported in now and all examples show them to be in
> > the .xml files. Am I wrong to reflect this way of doing things
> > in the documentation then?
>
> I stand partially corrected, they are imported into pelt and common
> themes, the others still have the contracts in the *.fv files.

Yes, I propose something like:

<definition>Hooks are applied currently in the themes.core plugin as
part of a themes structurer configuration file such as %themename
%-html.vt.xml (e.g pelt-html.vt.xml) or included in such configuration
files via a panel file such as %themename%-%format%.vt.xml (e.g
pelt-html.vt.xml)</definition>

If that is ok with you I will commit it if you have not been quicker
then me.

> Thanks for looking over my changes Thorsten, I again know a little
> bit more about how it works :)

Thanks to you, tackling the documentation makes me most grateful. I am
biased in terms of using the dispatcher since I too deeply know its
internals.

> Gav...

Thanks, Gav.
Open Source Java & XML                consulting, training and solutions