forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Ignore Thumbs.db
Date Sun, 11 Mar 2007 18:58:40 GMT
On Fri, 2007-03-09 at 22:39 +0900, Gav.... wrote:

> [...]

Hmm, IMO it would be save to use a pattern for the svn:ignore of our
root directory. Using it recursive would effect all directories but not
files (as I understand svn).

having said this. Which tool do you use? Which is the command you use?

I agree that thumb.db would likely never be stored in the svn.

salu2

> Bur still ...
> >
> > Therefore I want to confirm if this action is ok to commit.
> >
> > Thumbs.db are windows generated files that get created whenever a
> > directory
> > is viewed and that directory has images inside. It's an automatic thing
> > that
> > I will try and turn off somehow, but it has the effect at the moment of
> > sticking thumb.db wherever I go.
> >
> > The bit I don't understand is why they get committed when I don't
> > explicitly
> > Add them with svn add. (Unless someone else put them there or when a
> > directory is added in its entirety.(?)
> >
> > Maybe there are too few to worry about just now.
> >
> > Thoughts
> >
> > Gav...

Open Source Java & XML                consulting, training and solutions