forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Gav...." <brightoncomput...@brightontown.com.au>
Subject Ignore Thumbs.db
Date Fri, 09 Mar 2007 13:35:47 GMT
I just did a propset svn:ignore on Thumbs.db for the target of '.' recursive

In other words, to ignore thumbs.db wherever it is in forrest SVN.

This has resulted in every file it seems being modified.

Therefore I want to confirm if this action is ok to commit.

Thumbs.db are windows generated files that get created whenever a directory
is viewed and that directory has images inside. It's an automatic thing that
I will try and turn off somehow, but it has the effect at the moment of
sticking thumb.db wherever I go.

The bit I don't understand is why they get committed when I don't explicitly
Add them with svn add. (Unless someone else put them there or when a
directory is added in its entirety.(?)

Maybe there are too few to worry about just now.

Thoughts

Gav...