forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ivyconfig.xml
Date Wed, 28 Feb 2007 11:44:32 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Gav... wrote:
>> Hi Thorsten, I'm not at my usual computer at the moment, can you chjeck
>> back in this thread and see if you find where Ross mentioned he was going
>> to use Maven repo directly rather than through ibiblio.
>>
>> Not sure whether he has committed a patch he was doing regarding this.
>
> I don't know much about the repositories, but i wonder if we are
> using old incorrect ones.
>
> Some explanation is at http://people.apache.org/builds.html
> which seems to say that the main Maven one is repo1.maven.org/maven2/
> and the snapshot one is at people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/
>
> That config is what Cocoon-2 uses.

I must have missed these "new" repo addresses. When I set up the
ivyconf.xml file some time ago for an internal project the addresses
were taken from cocoon. Thanks for spotting this those repos are much
better populated than the ones we were using.

I'm currently updating the ivyconf.xml and our repo as appropriate
(commits later this afternoon - GMT)

Once we have the build working using a variety of resources we should
try and reduce the number of repos we are using. But lets get it working
first.

Ross