forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r506768 - in /forrest/branches/ivyBuild/tools/ivy/build-scripts
Date Mon, 26 Feb 2007 20:05:31 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-02-13 at 00:41 +0000, rgardler@apache.org wrote:
>> Author: rgardler
>> Date: Mon Feb 12 16:41:06 2007
>> New Revision: 506768

>> Log:
>> Some example/utility build scripts
>>
>> Added:
>>     forrest/branches/ivyBuild/tools/ivy/build-scripts/
>>     forrest/branches/ivyBuild/tools/ivy/build-scripts/common-ivy.xml
>>     forrest/branches/ivyBuild/tools/ivy/build-scripts/common-java.xml
>>     forrest/branches/ivyBuild/tools/ivy/build-scripts/common-webapp.xml
>
> Hi Ross,
>
> I am following your footsteps on the ivy branch. Like Gavin I am new and
> still understanding. The above files are the ones you mentioned on the
> list earlier as being possible candidates to be moved to ivy directly,
> right?

Yes, they are. They are based on a partial tutorial on the Ivy site.
I've expanded them a fair bit and used them in a few production
projects. Those projects were written with these build files in mind though.

Not sure if they are truly useful in a wider context or not. I was
hoping that using them here with more eyes on them may help refine them.

Ross