forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r510497 [1/7] - in /forrest/branches/ivyBuild/tools/ivy/repository:
Date Mon, 26 Feb 2007 14:10:24 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-02-26 at 11:17 +0000, Ross Gardler wrote:
>> David Crossley wrote:
>>> Eeek, it seems like some files were committed by accident.
>>> The date-stamped build files from forrest2.
>> Ooopss. Sorry - I've been using the GUI from eclipse again. If we look
>> back into the history of this list you will find many mistakes like this.
>>
>> GUI SVN clients are just too easy to make stupid mistakes with! (you'll
>> find I've said that many times before too - why do I keep doing it? -
>> nobody say because I am an idiot, only I am allowed to say that)
>>
>> Fixing, now
>
> Is the eclipse plugin not using the standard svn config by default?

yes, but the above is a different issue. I committed some temproraty
build files that I should not have added. In Eclipse you get a list of
files that you want to include or not when adding new files. There is a
handy "select all" button.

Of course in the command line you could do "svn ci .", but somehow I
don't often fall into that trap and always do the right thing of "svn
status" first as well as, *crucially*, reading the output. Somehow I am
blind to the GUI output.

In other words, it's stupid human error and I'm blaming the tools!

> I think the one commit that had as well the problem was as well via
> eclipse.
>
> What did you do to fix it?

The svn:line-endings thing was fixed, as you expect, by configuring
things correctly in the standard svn properties. I've recently moved to
a new machine and had forgotten to do the necessary config on SVN.

Once again, stupid user error.

Ross