forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Switch dependency managment to IVY
Date Thu, 22 Feb 2007 13:30:54 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:

> * Note that I am using an Eclipse plugin to resolve the dependencies for
> me. Since you want to help I will make it a priority to create an ANT
> task to resolve them for us - I should be able to do this later today (GMT)

I've added a basic build target for checking that jars resolve (ivy
branch only of course). Do:

cd [FORREST_HOME]/main
ant -buildfile ivy-build.xml

Note that you must be using the ant in our tools/ant directory or you
must place the ivy jar file (found in tools/ivy) into your ant
installations lib folder.

Note that you cannot yet build using this build file as I've only moved
a handful of the jars to ivy. Devs should not waste time on trying to
make it build (I have generic scripts ready to kick this off, if you
really want to peek ahead look inside the tools/ivy/build-scripts dir).

You may also fin the output of the report target useful (look for the
html in the build directory after you run it)

Ross