forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Is the future XHTML2 ?
Date Thu, 15 Feb 2007 00:31:01 GMT
Gav.... wrote:
> Ok, so maybe we are too late in debating this, maybe not.

Never too late.

The Berners Lee post you quote does not give the impression the XHTML2
is dead, in fact it states work continues. That post also implies that
HTML will not be fully XML since it is an incremental development of HTML.

For our internal format we *must* use XML. We must be able to select the
parts we use (i.e. we are proposing a subset of XHTML2, not the whole
thing).

If HTML 5 provides fits these musts, we can consider it, if not we
should stick with our XHTML2 subset.

If you do more background reading we'd be really pleased to hear your
conclusions.

Ross