forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Switch dependency managment to IVY
Date Mon, 12 Feb 2007 22:27:38 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:
> Here is my plan:
>
> 1 - I create a Forrest only repo in SVN (as I have started for
> Forrest2). although wherever possible we will use the IVY repo and the
> Maven2 repo
>
> 2 - I modify our build files to use IVY (I have a whole set of generic
> build files that are intended to be extended by project specific build
> files. I plan to give them to the IVY folk if they think it they are a
> good idea, if not we'll take what we need from them)
>
> 3 - We make sure it works
>
> 4 - We move the entries in our repo to the IVY repo (I need to enter
> into a dialogue with IVY devs to see what is happening with regards an
> official Apache repo)

> If nobody raises an objection in the next seven days (I'm busy until
> then) then I'll go ahead. Otherwise we can discuss and I'll call a vote
> if necessary next week.

I'm starting to do this work as of now. I don't have much time at
present so I'll do it in a branch (called ivyBuild) since I don't want
to stop others working if I get called away. Of course this also means
that others have the opportunity to play before we move it to trunk.

It would be really helpful if commits can be made to this branch as
well, but this is certainly not a requirement unless they affect the
build system.

Ross