forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Switch dependency managment to IVY
Date Mon, 26 Feb 2007 22:55:54 GMT
On Mon, 2007-02-26 at 14:05 +0000, Ross Gardler wrote:
> Gav.... wrote:
> >> Right now the repo is in forrest/tools/ivy and is therefore checked out
> >> with Forrest svn checkout. This is a temporary thing. It makes it easier
> >> for other forrest devs to get involved with the migration to Ivy (a
> >> single checkout. However, you are right, we should, eventually, make
> >> this repo a completely separate SVN tree.
> >
> > Ok, not sure how including the repo in the checkout makes things easier
> > For devs, may as well have it set up how its supposed to be, this way
> > Devs will get first hand usage of it straight away.
>
> It may just be the way I am working locally. But I find it useful to
> have everything in a single checkout whilst I move things from one part
> of the tree to another. It makes the SVN commands considerably shorter
> an therefore less error prone.
>
> Like I say, this may be a personal issue. I've set the config files up
> with a property to define the location of the shared ivy repo so it is
> really simple to move it once the migration is complete.

Yes, I think the result of the migration should be a completely separate
SVN tree. This makes moving it to Ivyrep (where IMO all this in the end
belongs) much easier. For now I see the benefit from using
forrest/tools/ivy.

salu2
Open Source Java & XML                consulting, training and solutions