forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Building WAR fails
Date Thu, 15 Feb 2007 13:52:13 GMT
On Thu, 2007-02-15 at 13:37 +0200, Sjur Moshagen wrote:

> >> I just checked - it is untouched locally, ie it is the same as in the
> >> svn repository, which probably is the same as you have.
> >
> > I am trying to locate the ant target where the error happens. Did you
> > try to turn off validating?
>
> Just tried. No difference.

Did you try the dispatcher plugin? We need to figure out whether this is
a global issue for you or just project specific.

> > usr/local/forrest/main/webapp/resources/stylesheets/strip-
> >
> > That looks like a target that is processing the xsl is missing some
> > values which is causing ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException.
> >
> > We need to find out where exactly the error happens in the ant build
> > files to debug why.
>
> I know nothing about the build files, and not so much more about ant :-(

Ant works in targets which can depend on each other. We need to find out
where the error occurs. You tried the validation option so my first
guess was wrong.

Let us see. I guess it is:
  <!-- Load properties from user's skinconf.xml, if it is defined -->
  <target name="load-project-props" depends="validation-props,
prepare-context" if="skinconf.present">
    <xslt in="${skinconf}"
          out="${project.temp-dir}/no-doctype-project-skinconf.xml"

style="${forrest.core.webapp}/resources/stylesheets/strip-doctype.xsl">
        <xmlcatalog refid="fcatalog"/>
    </xslt>

    <xmlproperty
file="${project.temp-dir}/no-doctype-project-skinconf.xml"
                 collapseattributes="true"/>
  </target>

because:
load-project-props:
Processing /home/thorsten/src/apache/forrest/trunk/whiteboard/plugins/org.apache
.forrest.plugin.internal.dispatcher/src/documentation/skinconf.xml
to /home/thor
sten/src/apache/forrest/trunk/whiteboard/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.inter
nal.dispatcher/build/tmp/no-doctype-project-skinconf.xml
stylesheet /home/thorsten/src/apache/forrest/trunk/main/webapp/resources
/stylesheets/strip-doctype.xsl

Do you have a skinconf.xml file (even if you are using dispatcher) which
is valid? How does no-doctype-project-skinconf.xml look like?

Try to comment <xslt/> and see whether you can build.

> Thanks for helping me! :-)

De nada.

salu2
Open Source Java & XML                consulting, training and solutions