forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Sjur Moshagen <sju...@mac.com>
Subject Re: javascript in dispatcher theme
Date Mon, 29 Jan 2007 11:43:41 GMT
Found the problem.

It turns out that Firefox and IE do not like empty <script>
elements... As soon as I changed the tag from the empty style seen
below to a standard element with both an open and a close element,
everything looks fine again, both in MS IE and in Firefox.

The dispatcher / skin difference is probably caused by the dispatcher
producing xml (ie xhtml), whereas the non-dispatcher version produced
plain html. Or rather, Firefox and MS IE do not correctly handle
xhtml in all its aspects, including empty elements.

Is there a way to tell dispatcher to serialize the final byte stream
as html, not xhtml? Is it desirable?

Sjur