forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: upgrade strategies for our packaged Cocoon
Date Fri, 26 Jan 2007 08:29:56 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:

> Thanks for the summary.
>
> http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/cdocs/g1/g1/g2/1258.html
> Are this the docs you refer to?

Yes; some of the basic for Spring configuration are described in the
subprojects section under the cocoon-spring-configurator.

>> Please note that the current trunk does not have a CLI anymore!
>
> Hmm, meaning we would break forrest with the update, since we heavily
> depend on the cli. The whole "site" target depends on it.
>
> Carsten, cocoon trunk is running now in Spring, right? I do not know
> many about spring myself. Does Spring provide a cli? Does cocoon plan to
> implement one?

Yes, Cocoon trunk is running in Spring; we have a bridge for Avalon
components which means that they are defined as Spring beans as well.

Spring does not provide a CLI and *currently* Cocoon does not plan to
implement one. The main reason for this is that we are moving away from
our own request/response abstraction and plan to use the servlet api
directly instead.

I think this topic has been discusses a while ago. Forrest could either
fire up a jetty and let Forrest/Cocoon run inside a local servlet
container and use a wget like approach or the CLI needs to be
reimplemented which shouldn't be too hard as you only have to mock the
servlet api.

Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler