forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Renaming tiles to X?(was Re: svn commit: r496145)
Date Thu, 18 Jan 2007 09:23:26 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-01-18 at 07:01 +0100, C. Grobmeier wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>>> Please we need some suggestions to replace x with better naming.
>> How about "Tessera"?
>>
>> "A tessera (plural: tesserae, diminutive tessella) is an individual tile
>> in a mosaic, usually formed in the shape of a cube."
>> * http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tessera
>>

> Yeah, very nice as well.

"Groups" is a little generic but easily understood.

"Tessera" is very accurate good, but at least not in my life, not a
common word, I'd have to look it up to know what it meant if the above
defn. wasn't provided for me.

Which you choose is entirely up to you. they both remove the confusion
that "tiles" would bring and that's my main concern.

Ross